Thank you for your willingness to join the Warners’ Warm-up Team and help us provide warm winter outerwear to men, women, and children in need in the Bi-State. What started in 2001 as a one-day drive prior to a Rams game has turned into a two week community wide effort with hundreds of drop off locations on both sides of the river resulting in approximately 15,000 coats collected each year. We gladly accept new and gently-used winter coats of all shapes and sizes. Operation Food Search, St. Louis’s largest free food and personal care non-profit distribution center, distributes the coats collected to their network of schools, shelters and social service centers.
Follow these simple steps to host a collection at your business, school, church, or other organization:
- Publicize your participation in the Warners’ Warm-up Coat Drive by downloading the fliers and logos below and distributing them to your network.
Note: the official community-wide drive takes place from November 1 – 14 however your group can choose to have a longer or shorter collection span. Simply download the flier without dates and add your own.
- Click here to download a publicity kit with text for emails, newsletters, etc.
- Click here to download a “Coat Drop Here” flier with dates
- Click here to download a “Coat Drop Here” flier without dates
- Click here to download a vertical Warners’ Warm-up logo
- Click here to download a horizontal Warners’ Warm-up logo
- Designate a collection receptacle (can be a box, basket, clean trash can, etc.) and adhere the “Coat Drop Here” flier to it.
- Call First Things First to be added to the list of drop off locations on kurtwarner.org if you wish to be a public collection point (602-385-0840 OR 877-FIRST-13). (Note: drive must coincide with the official drive dates.)
- Following the drive, bag or box the coats and call Operation Food Search at 314-726-5355 to schedule a drop-off time at their warehouse (6282 Olive Blvd., St. Louis, MO 63130). If the warehouse is quite a distance from your location, call Operation Food Search to be directed to an agency in need of coats near you.
Again, thank you for your efforts to help us keep the Bi-State warm this winter! Each year we receive more requests for coats than we can fulfill so support from groups like yours is essential in helping to bless more lives. Your time and energy will make a difference!